Freight & Logistics Market News (22 June, 26 June)
ADVISORY: BANK account details for BANK TRANSFER /REMITTANCE MSC
With immediate effect please deposit cash in our SDM machine at our Do counter or in FAB account only.
There will be an additional charge of AED 15/ transaction when depositing cash to our ENBD account via ATM.
ADVISORY: CUSTOMER ADVISORY – FRONT COUNTER ALIGNMENT CMA CGM
This is to inform that we have aligned our Front Counter release process for Delivery Orders and Bills of Lading uniformly for all brands under the CMA CGM Group. Kindly refer to the detailed release process already outlined in our previous customer advisories.
In order to expedite the release of Electronic Delivery Orders, all customers can now directly deposit cash at the Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) installed at our Port Rashid Counter (Room 45). Copies of the deposit slip must be submitted along with the Original Bills of Lading and documents at the counter. The stamped copy will be returned as acknowledgement of payment receipt.
To recapitulate once again as follows:
1. Customers must ensure that the required documents ie. copies of BLs along with Authorization letters, Exchange letters and Cheque Acceptance letters in good order must be uploaded online on the CMA CGM website and payments must be remitted online via bank transfers or in cash deposit machines prior OBLs are dropped off at the DO counters.
2. Original BLs along with proof of payment must be mandatorily deposited at the DO counter. Original BLs that does not bear the necessary payment slips will not be accepted at the Counters.
3. Customers with PDC facility can drop their cheques at our Front Counters as usual.
4. All customers for whom current dated cheques are accepted, must ensure to scan the copy of the cheque deposit slip along with the invoices mandatorily mentioning the correct BL number in the subject line to the following email ids:
- CMA & ANL import shipments: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- APL import shipments: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- CMA & ANL export shipments: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- APL export shipments: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
5. Except for Credit and PDC customers, Delivery Orders and Bills of Lading will be uploaded online only upon physical credit of payments in our bank account.
6. For shipments that require a telex release, it is mandatory to upload the Telex Release LOI online.
7. Our Abu Dhabi customers having their import shipments at Port Khalifa can opt to drop off their documents at our Port Rashid or Jebel Ali DO Counters.
8. Payments must be mandatorily credited into our account within banking hours until 2 pm the same day to ensure reconciliation and confirmation from our Finance dept basis which E Delivery Orders will be processed and uploaded online on the consignee’s account within 24 hours of receipt of the same, as per office timings until 5 pm only.
All customers are hereby advised to register online to access our E-DO and Web BL services. Delivery Orders, Original Bills of Lading and Seaway bills will be issued via our CMA CGM Website only. Alternatively, customers can also opt for the paperless BL option as a complete digital solution.
For any further assistance on digitalization, you may contact our customer service department on the following numbers:
For Export Customer Service: 04 3138211
For Import Customer Service: 04 3138233
In view of the prevalent Covid pandemic, all customers are hereby once again reminded to wear masks and maintain social distancing at the Front Counters, as per government regulations.