Abu Dhabi, the capital city of UAE, is quieter and conservative than Dubai. It’s the biggest Emirate by area and the oil-rich and strategic Arabian or Persian Gulf region.
Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH)
After DXB, Abu Dhabi international airport (AUH) is the second-largest in the UAE. Etihad Airways is the second-largest airline in the UAE after Emirates Airways.
There are some key facts of AUH:
There are some key facts about Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH):
- In 2014, AUH served around 20 million travelers.
- In 2018, AUH welcomed over 21.3 million passengers.
- UAE places first globally in the road index quality. Its airports ranked high at number 3 and ports at number 4. – (Global Competitiveness Report published by the world economic forum 2017-18)
- The Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC) at the Abu Dhabi airport is being built as part of the plan Abu Dhabi 2030.
- AUH is one of the fastest-growing airplane terminals on the globe.
Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) has three operational passengers terminal:
Terminal 1: The nine main gates (3–11) are equipped with jet bridges and It’s a bi-level arrival and departure area. Also, the check-in and arrival facilities in a separate main building connected to the current satellite.
Terminal 2: It has 19 check-in counters, 3 bus-boarding gates, and two baggage claim belts. It’s generally utilized by low-cost carriers
Terminal 3: It’s able of dealing with the Airbus A380s, especially for Etihad Aviation routes.
The Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC) is built to bargain with enormous traveler activity. It was built within the airport’s two runways, which is why it’s called Midfield Terminal.
Which airline is Predicated in Abu Dhabi?
Etihad Aviation routes work over 1000 flights per week. Its cargo goal is the Center East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, and North America.
The air cargo transshipment exists between dedicated air cargo and belly cargo space on the passenger planes at AUH
The hub provides an intensive international network for air cargo. It benefits the UAE’s capital with greater direct route options than the non-global hub airports.
Why is taking air freight from Abu Dhabi the optimal option?
Abu Dhabi Airports aims to become the world’s leading airport operation.
There are some main reasons for airfreight in Abu Dhabi are:
- It contains the world’s largest baggage handling system.
- The airport capacity an extra 30 million passengers per year/ 8,500 passengers per hour.
- The ability to handle the vast amount of data and interfaces among the programs.
- Abu Dhabi includes a duty-free zone where companies that exist in Abu Dhabi can import their goods without paying any duty.
- It is the perfect destination for UAE government-related products and goods because Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE.
How can QAFILA help you?
No more spreadsheet, gain full visibility online.
Find out, how Qafila can help drive costs down and increase team productivity after your shipment to and from Abu Dhabi.
Our service benefits aren’t only for our customers, but also our accomplices and clients. you can get the total ranges of freight forwarding and logistics alternatives. We can assist with warehouse facilities in the national capital.
Air Freight from Abu Dhabi with QAFILA: The advantages
Far from a regular shipping service, we supply a spread of specialized services to meet your every need when it involves air freight from Abu Dhabi.
- We provide professional tailor-made solutions at cost-competitive prices.
- Our focus to provide a high level of personalized customer service. That makes a future relationship with our customers.
- A full range of worth-added services including customs clearance, insurance, and warehousing.
- We provide competitive air freight rates and comprehensive air freight forwarding services
We are well placed to help you with your international logistics needs.
How is QAFILA different from other Freight Forwarders?
Our strength is in our personnel, who are the best within the industry, in our commitments. To perform the best level of quality then reach even further to bring a worth-added product to our clients.
We offer real-time progress reports to stay informed of the progress of your shipment.
Furthermore, We target the digitization and automation of all logistics processes.
1- Can I move duty-free cargo from Abu Dhabi Airport to FREEZONE?
Yes, you can move goods to and from Abu Dhabi airport to the free zone.
2- Can I store goods in the Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone?
Yes, you can store goods in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone, depending upon the type of goods and the validity of the Free Zone Licence.
3-Can I ship my cargo Duty-free from Abu Dhabi Airport?
Yes, you can ship your cargo duty-free can from Abu Dhabi Airport.
4-Is Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone is Safe?
Yes, It is safe with 7/24 access to facilities, security, and CCTV
5- What is the document required for free zone importing and exporting goods?
The required documents are:
- Customs bill (from the terminal of arrival)
- Packing list